Friday, August 7, 2015

Why no name for your creature?

The people who name these things can reasonably be expected to fight over the naming of it at least until the international authority on such matters issues a declaration, if not longer.

I believe that it is important for me to remain neutral on the matter. Earlier on in my process of discovery, when I assumed that I was looking for something already discovered, I jumped to premature conclusions on the taxonomic naming of this creature. It was a bad mistake. People would correctly refute the identification. This led them, then, to mistakenly believe that they had refuted the discovery, and left me absent another understanding soul.

Therefore, I have learned that it is important in respect of this discovery not to venture an identification. That is not the point. The maladies this thing causes, and the human suffering they cause, are the point. 

As to the identification of this beast, I don't have a dog in that fight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment